Many control panels like cPanel will come with an auto Installer for LiteSpeed. However, if you want to install LiteSpeed but you either don't have a supported control panel or you have a standalone Apache server, these instructions will help guide you through the installation process.
- Run the following commands from SSH as root:
cd /root wget http://www.litespeedtech.com/packages/4.0/lsws-4.2.12-ent-x86_64-linux.tar.gz
- Note: Make sure to replace the values in the URL for your specific OS and the version of LiteSpeed you wish to download
lsws-4.2.12-ent-x86_64-linux= LSWS Enterprise 4.2.12 for 64-bit Linux
lsws-4.2.10-std-i386-linux= LSWS Standard 4.2.10 for 32-bit Linux
lsws-4.2.12-ent-x86_64-freebsd6= LSWS Enterprise 4.2.12 for 64-bit FreeBSD 6.x
- Unpack the ZIP file with
tar -zxvf lsws-4.2.19-ent-x86_64-linux.tar.gz
- Type in
cd lsws-4.2.19into your command terminal
- Next, run the installation script:
cd lsws-4.2.12 ./install.sh
- For the Enterprise Edition, make sure to put the license file (trial.key or paid license serial.no file in the unpacked folder)
- Accept the EULA for Litespeed
- Click Enter for the default (/usr/local/lsws)
- Set up an Admin username (Don't use Admin!)
- Set up the password for your Admin account
- Set up the email address for your Admin account
- Set your control panel if you have one. (InterWorx = 5)
- "0" to replace Apache
- "1" to use SuEXEC or "2" if you have DirectAdmin
- "Y" to start it automatically when the server starts
- Click Enter
- If you have Apache still on, turn it off using:
service httpd stop chkconfig httpd off
- "Y" to start LiteSpeed now
Your LiteSpeed Web Server should now start successfully. Now you should test and switch everything to LiteSpeed if it didn't automatically change. If your application doesn't allow you to run an offest prot for LSWS, then you should stop your Apache web server and start LSWS for testing.
Go to http://your-ip:7080/ after you've started running your server to verify.
If that's the case, the first thing you need to do is compile PHP with LSAPI.
If you get an error on the first step, you need to install patch:
yum install patch
- 3 Users Found This Useful
An 8 core server generally doesn't need more than a 2-CPU license or even a 1-CPU license....
If you need to restart LiteSpeed for whatever reason, use the following command:...
$VH_ROOT is the user's home directory. If you still have questions, make sure to contact...
LiteSpeed is a highly powerful web server that focuses on user interface. Its cache-accelerated...
Any change to your license will take effect the next time your license communicates with the...