To redirect a domain name (example: mydomain.com) to another Internet address (example: anothersite.com):
- Connect to cPanel
- In the Domains section, click Redirections
- In the Add a Redirection section, enter the following information:
- Type: Permanent (301)1
- Choose the domain to redirect from among the choices in the drop-down menu. If you want to redirect only a particular page (example: monsite.com/page1.html), enter the exact address to the right of the slash (in this case, page1.html)
- In the Redirect to field, enter the destination address
- Keep Redirecting with or without www ticked unless you prefer to redirect one of these two variants
- If you want all access to the domain to enable redirection, select the Generic Redirection checkbox. If generic redirection is not applied, access to a specific page in your original domain will not be redirected to the new address.
- Click Add
The redirection should be effective following the posting of the confirmation message on the next page.
1 Redirects can be permanent (known as 301 redirects) or temporary (302 redirects). Selecting the correct type of redirection is important for search engine optimization (SEO). If you wish to point your domain elsewhere temporarily while you work on its design or content, use a 302 temporary redirection. If the link is permanent, select the appropriate option from the Type drop-down menu.
- 1 Users Found This Useful
cPanel and WHM have gone through some serious upgrades to their Email Hosting features...
You will receive a “550 Mailbox quota exceeded” error when you attempt to send an...
Introduction and overview Cron jobs are commands used to schedule tasks that must run...
cPanel is a control panel with which you can manage almost any element of your cPanel hosting...
If for whatever reason, you need to block a specific IP address from accessing your website, you...