To redirect a domain name (example: mydomain.com) to another Internet address (example: anothersite.com):
- Connect to cPanel
- In the Domains section, click Redirections
- In the Add a Redirection section, enter the following information:
- Type: Permanent (301)1
- Choose the domain to redirect from among the choices in the drop-down menu. If you want to redirect only a particular page (example: monsite.com/page1.html), enter the exact address to the right of the slash (in this case, page1.html)
- In the Redirect to field, enter the destination address
- Keep Redirecting with or without www ticked unless you prefer to redirect one of these two variants
- If you want all access to the domain to enable redirection, select the Generic Redirection checkbox. If generic redirection is not applied, access to a specific page in your original domain will not be redirected to the new address.
- Click Add
The redirection should be effective following the posting of the confirmation message on the next page.
1 Redirects can be permanent (known as 301 redirects) or temporary (302 redirects). Selecting the correct type of redirection is important for search engine optimization (SEO). If you wish to point your domain elsewhere temporarily while you work on its design or content, use a 302 temporary redirection. If the link is permanent, select the appropriate option from the Type drop-down menu.
- 1 Users Found This Useful
Often while troubleshooting your client's mail issues, you will be required to find out which...
Hotlink protection is a security feature in cPanel designed to reduce bandwidth consumption. It...
If yourdomain.com/cpanel and yourdomain.com/whm both go to a 500 internal error page instead of...
Log in to your Nuagerie Client Area: https://www.nuagerie.com/client-area Click on My...
It's important to keep always have a backup of your site. Here's how to do so manually:...