Introduction to cPanel
The control panel in cPanel allows you to perform multiple complex tasks in seconds through a web interface. Each hosting account receives a secure access to cPanel with its own unique username and password.
To give you an overview, here is a short list of the options available in cPanel:
- Manage your files with File Manager
- See your traffic statistics for your site (you can see who visits, where they come from, and which pages they browse)
- Create a new email address, or check your emails online (with Webmail access)
- Create and manage your databases
- Use the Web Creator, which allows you to create a professional website in minutes
- Install software such as blogs, forums, or even shopping carts
- and much more!
To connect to your cPanel:
Enter the following address in your browser: http://www.yourdomainname.com/cpanel (where yourdomainname.com is your domain name).
When requested, enter your cPanel username and password, as specified in your welcome email.
You can also connect to your cPanel via your Customer Area under My Domains.
- 2 Users Found This Useful
It's important to keep always have a backup of your site. Here's how to do so manually:...
You can redirect www accesses of your domain to the non-www version using the cPanel Redirections...
Occasionally, WHM or cPanel might experience errors that can only be resolved by updating the...
Anyone can access subdirectories of public_html (folder containing all the public files of your...
Overview Your DNS cache stores the locations (IP addresses) of web servers that contain web...