What is an email redirection?
Email redirections allow you to forward a copy of every email received at an address to another email address. For example, if you have two different accounts, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, you could forward all messages sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com, to avoid monitoring both accounts.
Please note that email sent to an address with a configured redirection will still be received by the original account, while also being forwarded to the new address. If you do not wish to receive emails at the original address, do not create the original account, but do create the email redirection.
How to configure an email redirection
- Connect to the cPanel.
- Under Mail, click on E-mail Forwarders.
- Under Email Account Forwarders, click on Forwarders.
- In the Address to Forward field, specify the email address that will have its messages forwarded.
- Under Destination, choose the Forward to email address option and specify the target email address in this field.
- Click on the Add Forwarder button.
These pages can also be used to send an error message to the person writing to the initial address while permanently deleting the message, or to transfer the message to an application (that can manage your emails, for instance).
- 0 Users Found This Useful
In order to resolve an unwanted email (spam) or bounce or failure problems with your email, our...
A CNAME record is utilized to map an alias name to a true domain name (often known as a canonical...
Shared hosting plans are subject to account and server limitations. For a complete list of...
You can transfer your license to another Nuagerie customer at any time. However, the following...
You can easily open a Nuagerie support ticket – or check the status of an existing one...