What is an email redirection?
Email redirections allow you to forward a copy of every email received at an address to another email address. For example, if you have two different accounts, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, you could forward all messages sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to email@example.com, to avoid monitoring both accounts.
Please note that email sent to an address with a configured redirection will still be received by the original account, while also being forwarded to the new address. If you do not wish to receive emails at the original address, do not create the original account, but do create the email redirection.
How to configure an email redirection
- Connect to the cPanel.
- Under Mail, click on E-mail Forwarders.
- Under Email Account Forwarders, click on Forwarders.
- In the Address to Forward field, specify the email address that will have its messages forwarded.
- Under Destination, choose the Forward to email address option and specify the target email address in this field.
- Click on the Add Forwarder button.
These pages can also be used to send an error message to the person writing to the initial address while permanently deleting the message, or to transfer the message to an application (that can manage your emails, for instance).
- 0 Users Found This Useful
Thanks to our powerful backend service, our registration system should be as simple and pain-free...
Almost 1.9 billion records containing personal data have been compromised between January 2017...
When you sign up for a Nuagerie web hosting package, the first domain registered and/or...
Most blogs and small business websites online run on shared web hosting plans. Shared hosting is...
100, 200, 300 Series codes HTTP status codes ranging from 100 to 199 are informational codes....