Each hosting account allows you to create one or more personalized email accounts. The allowed number of accounts is displayed in the left menu of cPanel's home page (along with other statistics and information).
To create a new email account:
- Log in to your cPanel.
- Under Popular Tools (or Mail), click on Email Accounts.
- In the gray top box, enter the following information:
- Email: This will determine your email address. If you enter "joe" and your domain name is "mybakery.com", your email address will be "firstname.lastname@example.org". On the right, you will see a pulldown menu of your domains, including parked domains, add-on domains, and subdomains. Generally, you will want to use an email address associated with your main domain.
- Password/Password (again): Make sure to choose a secure password! We recommend using a password with at least 8 characters, including both letters and numbers. If needed, you may use the Password Generator button to create a secure password.
- Mailbox Quota: If you want to limit the disk space granted to the email account, you can specify the limit here, in megabytes. Once the limit is reached, the account will not accept new emails.
Note: It is important to monitor the usage of your email account and empty your mailbox once in a while to make sure you receive all emails. You can delete emails by using the Webmail interface.
- Click on Create Account and make sure you note your new username and password. If an error occurred when creating your account, it will be displayed on this page.
That's it, your account is created! You can start sending/receiving emails from this account with the Webmail interface or by using other software, such as Outlook.
If you still have questions about the cPanel email account feature, feel free to contact us by opening a support ticket or by using our live chat feature.
- 2 Users Found This Useful
100, 200, 300 Series codes HTTP status codes ranging from 100 to 199 are informational codes....
Once your domain expires, it immediately ceases to resolve on the Internet until it is renewed....
Below you will find links to download popular FTP programs: Free FTP Programs These...
A Content Delivery Network, or CDN, is used to bring the visitor important website...
Once you've finished creating your website, you're probably going to want visitors to see...