Domain Privacy Protection hides your information from the WHOIS, a global resource for information on domain names and their owners. Nowadays, the WHOIS is unfortunately often used by individuals to collect data and then solicit the owners. Even worse, they can use that information for the purpose of fraud or identity theft.
Thus, Nuagerie strongly recommends that all clients consider activating the Privacy Protection service when registering domain names.
Note: .CA domains registered by individuals automatically include privacy protection, free of charge.
If you are purchasing a domain
- Start by searching for your domain name
- When checking out, you will be able to manage your Domain Privacy Protection options.
- Domain Privacy is not added by default to each eligible domain registration or transfer, but can be added by simply clicking on the checkbox next to ID Protection.
- If you don't wish to include it (not recommended), simply click Continue.
If you already have a domain with Nuagerie
- Log in to your Client Area
- Go to the Domains tab at the top of the Client Area
- Click on the Manage Domains button at the end of your domain entry.
- Once there, click on Addons under the Manage sidebar
- You will be brought to a page with an option labeled ID Protection and a green Buy Now button.
- Click on the button and an invoice will be created and submitted to Nuagerie.
Now your domain is protected from anyone scanning the WHOIS for information.
- 5 Users Found This Useful
The addon domain function in cPanel allows you to host additional domains on your...
100, 200, 300 Series codes HTTP status codes ranging from 100 to 199 are informational codes....
Once you've finished creating your website, you're probably going to want visitors to see...
Thanks to our powerful backend service, our registration system should be as simple and pain-free...
Once your domain expires, it immediately ceases to resolve on the Internet until it is renewed....