Domain Privacy Protection hides your information from the WHOIS, a global resource for information on domain names and their owners. Nowadays, the WHOIS is unfortunately often used by individuals to collect data and then solicit the owners. Even worse, they can use that information for the purpose of fraud or identity theft.
Thus, Nuagerie strongly recommends that all clients consider activating the Privacy Protection service when registering domain names.
Note: .CA domains registered by individuals automatically include privacy protection, free of charge.
If you are purchasing a domain
- Start by searching for your domain name
- When checking out, you will be able to manage your Domain Privacy Protection options.
- Domain Privacy is not added by default to each eligible domain registration or transfer, but can be added by simply clicking on the checkbox next to ID Protection.
- If you don't wish to include it (not recommended), simply click Continue.
If you already have a domain with Nuagerie
- Log in to your Client Area
- Go to the Domains tab at the top of the Client Area
- Click on the Manage Domains button at the end of your domain entry.
- Once there, click on Addons under the Manage sidebar
- You will be brought to a page with an option labeled ID Protection and a green Buy Now button.
- Click on the button and an invoice will be created and submitted to Nuagerie.
Now your domain is protected from anyone scanning the WHOIS for information.
- 5 Users Found This Useful
FTP stands for File Transfer Protocol, which is a standard network protocol used for the transfer...
In order to resolve an unwanted email (spam) or bounce or failure problems with your email, our...
100, 200, 300 Series codes HTTP status codes ranging from 100 to 199 are informational codes....
Each hosting account allows you to create one or more personalized email accounts. The allowed...
Welcome to Nuagerie! In order to be able to access your various services, you need to access...