Domain Privacy Protection hides your information from the WHOIS, a global resource for information on domain names and their owners. Nowadays, the WHOIS is unfortunately often used by individuals to collect data and then solicit the owners. Even worse, they can use that information for the purpose of fraud or identity theft.
Thus, Nuagerie strongly recommends that all clients consider activating the Privacy Protection service when registering domain names.
Note: .CA domains registered by individuals automatically include privacy protection, free of charge.
If you are purchasing a domain
- Start by searching for your domain name
- When checking out, you will be able to manage your Domain Privacy Protection options.
- Domain Privacy is not added by default to each eligible domain registration or transfer, but can be added by simply clicking on the checkbox next to ID Protection.
- If you don't wish to include it (not recommended), simply click Continue.
If you already have a domain with Nuagerie
- Log in to your Client Area
- Go to the Domains tab at the top of the Client Area
- Click on the Manage Domains button at the end of your domain entry.
- Once there, click on Addons under the Manage sidebar
- You will be brought to a page with an option labeled ID Protection and a green Buy Now button.
- Click on the button and an invoice will be created and submitted to Nuagerie.
Now your domain is protected from anyone scanning the WHOIS for information.
- 5 Users Found This Useful
Once you've finished creating your website, you're probably going to want visitors to see...
Below you will find links to download popular FTP programs: Free FTP Programs These...
Almost 1.9 billion records containing personal data have been compromised between January 2017...
Welcome to Nuagerie! In order to be able to access your various services, you need to access...
File Transfer Protocol (FTP) is a standard method for transferring files to and from...