The cPanel User Manager features a variety of options for user account control, including email accounts, FTP accounts, and cPanel accounts. Management options include adding and deleting accounts, editing account details, changing security credentials, and more.
To access cPanel User Manager, head to Preferences > User Manager in the cPanel dashboard.
Add a new user
On the User Manager page, click the Add User button to get started.
- First, complete the Basic Information form, providing the Full Name, Username, Domain (which will be pre-set if you have a single domain), and Contact Email Address for the user.
- In the Security Information section, decide whether you wish the user to configure their own password, or if you wish to set an initial password for the account on their behalf. If you do not have the user’s email address, you must select the latter option.
- Under Services, enable account features from the selection provided, including FTP, Email, and Web Disk support. As you enable more default features in cPanel, the selection may change.
- When you’ve completed the form, click Create to save the account configuration.
Delete an account
If you want to delete a user account for any reason, simply click the Delete button next to the account in the User Manager page listing.
cPanel will prompt you to confirm the deletion.
Click the Delete button to proceed with account removal.
Edit an account
You can make changes to an existing user account by selected the Edit button next to the account in the User Manager page listing.
The Edit account page allows you to alter the same details populated when the account was first created.
Make the necessary changes and click the Save button to proceed.
Change an account password
To update an account’s security credentials, click the Change Password button next to the account in the User Manager page listing.
The account editing page will be opened once again. Enter the new password twice (or generate a random password with the button provided) and click Save to proceed.
- 2 Users Found This Useful
It's important to keep always have a backup of your site. Here's how to do so manually:...
Often while troubleshooting your client's mail issues, you will be required to find out which...
The highly popular control panel supports well over 30 languages, including French, Spanish, and...
An email forwarder, as the name suggests, will forward all incoming emails to another address or...
cPanel supports the possibility of selecting different PHP versions for your different domains....