Exporting Your Database
Follow these steps.
- Open phpMyAdmin.
- Click the name of the database to export in the list down the left side. The page will refresh and show information about the selected database.
- Click the “Export” tab. The page will refresh and show export options.
- In the “Export” group, the “MySQL” option should be selected if it is not selected already.
- In the “SQL Options” section, click the checkboxes beside both “Structure” and “Data”.
- Click the “Save as file” checkbox at the bottom of the options.
- Click the “Go” button.
You will be prompted by your Internet browser to save the file on your own hard drive. Select a location you can easily remember.
Once the download is complete, you will have a copy of your database on your own computer.
Importing Your Database
This assumes you have a new (but empty) database already created on the server. If you are importing to your Nuagerie account, click here to view an article with instructions on how to create a new database. You must do this in order to have a database to select as the destination for the imported data.
Follow these steps:
- Open phpMyAdmin.
- Click the name of the database which will be receiving the imported information. The page will refresh and show information about the selected database.
- Click the “Import” tab.
- Click the “Browse” button in the “File to import” section.
- You will be prompted by your browser to locate the database file on your own computer.
- Once the database file has been located and selected, the “Location of the text file” field will populate with the path to the database file. Click the “Go” button.
Once the file finishes uploaded, the data and structure it contains will be immediately available for use in the database.
- 1 Users Found This Useful
To redirect a domain name (example: mydomain.com) to another Internet address (example:...
On a shared web hosting server, all users share a finite amount of resources at any given...
The highly popular control panel supports well over 30 languages, including French, Spanish, and...
cPanel supports the possibility of selecting different PHP versions for your different domains....
You will receive a “550 Mailbox quota exceeded” error when you attempt to send an...