If for whatever reason, you need to block a specific IP address from accessing your website, you can deny it access by adding it to a "blacklist". cPanel gives you the option to blacklist an IP easily.
- First, log in to your cPanel account - either through your Client Area or by typing in
- Next, scroll down to the Security section and click on the IP Blocker icon (or simply type it into the search bar provided)
- Under the Add an IP or Range option, enter the address you want to block. For example:
- Single IP address: 192.168.0.1
- Range: 192.168.0.1-192.168.0.40
- Implied Range: 192.168.0.1-40
- CIDR Format: 192.168.0.1/32
- Implies 10.*.*.* — 192.
- Click on the Add button
The IP address or range can no longer access your website.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
Anyone can access subdirectories of public_html (folder containing all the public files of your...
It's important to keep always have a backup of your site. Here's how to do so manually:...
You will receive a “550 Mailbox quota exceeded” error when you attempt to send an...
What is cPanel? cPanel is a web hosting control panel that allows web hosting owners to manage...
On a shared web hosting server, all users share a finite amount of resources at any given...