If for whatever reason, you need to block a specific IP address from accessing your website, you can deny it access by adding it to a "blacklist". cPanel gives you the option to blacklist an IP easily.
- First, log in to your cPanel account - either through your Client Area or by typing in
- Next, scroll down to the Security section and click on the IP Blocker icon (or simply type it into the search bar provided)
- Under the Add an IP or Range option, enter the address you want to block. For example:
- Single IP address: 192.168.0.1
- Range: 192.168.0.1-192.168.0.40
- Implied Range: 192.168.0.1-40
- CIDR Format: 192.168.0.1/32
- Implies 10.*.*.* — 192.
- Click on the Add button
The IP address or range can no longer access your website.
- 0 Users Found This Useful
cPanel makes it really easy to create and manage new email addresses for your domain. In order to...
Hotlink protection is a security feature in cPanel designed to reduce bandwidth consumption. It...
Often while troubleshooting your client's mail issues, you will be required to find out which...
Ways To Minimize Bandwidth Usage The best way to avoid excessive server resource usage is to...
What is an alias? An alias is a special domain name configuration that allows a second domain...